Growing up among the beautiful mountains of South Western BC probably had something to do with Claire’s love for riding. That and her desire to be a champion, her drive to achieve, progress, compete, learn and grow. To Claire, riding bikes is an outlet for expression, a challenge and an adventure every day. She also just likes being out in the forest.
Based out of Whistler, Claire is a World Championship Bronze Medalist, multiple Canadian National Champion, 12 time Canadian National Team Member and has been to all corners of the globe racing, riding and adventuring on her bike. Married to Aussie DH legend Chris Kovarik, she gets to escape bits of the long cold winter to the tropical coast of Queensland.
In 2011, Claire and Chris began Kovarik Racing. It is an entity from which they can give back and offer all aspects of their trade: racing, coaching, rider development and brand ambassadorship.
Claire also keeps herself busy as a graphic designer and with her many other interests such as art, food and nutrition, tea, outdoors and friends.
Claire successfully represents herself and her sponsors through her talent, personality, media, coaching and results, and we are proud to have her represent Intense.
• World Championships Bronze Medalist 2011
• Multiple Canadian National Champion
• 12 time Canadian National Team member
• 7th Overall World Cup Series 2010
• World Cup Podium, round 1 South Africa 2009
• Winner of Womenzworx and the Gala at Crankworx 2009
• Countless wins and podiums at all levels of the sport.
• PMBI Level 2 Certified Coach
• Coach with Kovarik Racing, Zep Techniques, Summer Gravity Camps, Fluidride, WORCA, RMOW and more.
• Dirt Diaries 2014 at Crankworx Whistler
• Featured in Strength In Numbers by Anthill Films
• Deep Summer Photo Challenge 2012 & 2013 at Crankworx Whistler
• Cover of Bicycling South Africa April 2009
• Cover of Mountain Bike Magazine USA June 2008
• Voted one of the “26 Most Influential People in Mountain Biking”, Decline Magazine January 2008
• Countless photos, articles, interviews and film parts in various media publications
• Involved in Ad Campaigns for Intense Cycles, Fox Head, Magura USA, SombrioGirl, Maxxis, crankbrothers, Evolution Whistler, Summer Gravity Camps, Solosports, Chain Reaction Cycles, and ZEP Techniques